Vacation Property Check Program
About the Program
The Vacation Property Check Program provides an overall increase in police presence around your home during your time away. This program makes available a free residential security check for vacationing residents of single-family homes. Registered homes are periodically checked during the homeowner's absence by the Quincy Police Department. During a vacation security check of a residence, the police officer patrols the property to ensure the home is secured and the windows and doors are locked and undamaged. If by chance a burglary occurs at the residence while the homeowner is away, the designated "emergency contact" person will be notified. Due to staffing issues and unforeseen circumstances we cannot guarantee the safety of your home or personal property. This program is a public service to help safeguard citizens' property and allow for a rapid response and owner notification in the event of a problem.
The Vacation Property Check service is offered at no charge to the Village of Quincy or the Quincy Township residents.
To be eligible for the Vacation Property Check Program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- No forms will be accepted by mail or fax.
- Residence must be in the Village of Quincy or within Quincy Township.
- Residents are required to call the Quincy Police Department if they return.
- Service does not include feeding animals, watering plants, or picking up mail and newspapers.
- Service is not available for homes that are vacant or for rent.
- A "Vacation Property Check" form must be completed and delivered to the Quincy Police Department in person or by email.
Sign Up Now
To receive a Vacation Property Check, please complete a Vacation Property Check Program Application Form (PDF), making sure to provide all details requested. Deliver the completed form in person to:
Quincy Police Department
47 Cole Street
Quincy, MI 49082
You may also submit your form by email. No forms will be accepted by fax or mail. We ask that you submit the form/request at least 5 days prior to your departure. For more information that may prove useful when you are planning on going away for vacation, check out these Safety Vacation Tips (PDF).