- COVID-19 Information
Branch County Websitehttps://www.countyofbranch.com/
Visit the Branch County Website for Press Releases, COVID-19 Resource Guide, Testing, and Questions & Answers.
Branch - Hillsdale - St. Joseph Community Health Agencyhttp://www.bhsj.org/
Visit the Branch - Hillsdale - St. Joseph Community Health Agency for updated information regarding COVID-19
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory disease that can result in serious illness or death. It is caused by a new strain of coronavirus not previously identified in humans and easily spread from person to person. Older adults and those with chronic health conditions are at particular risk, and there is an increased risk of rapid spread of COVID-19 among persons in close proximity to one another.
Patients with confirmed COVID-19 infection have reportedly had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
• Shortness of breath
The best prevention for viruses, such as influenza, the common cold or COVID-19, is to:
- If you think you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider. If you do not have a health care provider, call the nearest hospital. Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others when in a public setting.
Information around this outbreak is changing rapidly. The latest information is available at www.Michigan.gov/Coronavirus and www.CDC.gov/Coronavirus.